Stop Smoking Laser Clinic: We can help!
According to the American Cancer Society ….If you are feeling health side effects from smoking, note how quickly changes occur in your body once you do quit.:
Within 20 minutes after you quit smoking
- Body temperature of feet and hands returns to normal
- Pulse rate drops to normal rate
- Blood pressure drops to normal
After 12 hours of nonsmoking
- Pulse rate will slow and skin temperature will increase
- Oxygen levels in blood return to normal levels
- Carbon monoxide levels in blood drop to normal
After 24 hours…..
- Chance of heart attack decreases due to improved cardiac function and circulation to your hands and feet
- Fine motor coordination will improve
After 48 hours…..
- Nerve endings start regenerating
- Ability to taste and smell is enhanced
After 72 hours…..
- Bronchial tubes relax, making breathing easier
- Lung capacity increases
After 2 weeks to 3 months……
- Circulation improves, walking becomes easier
- Lung function increases up to 30%
After 1 year……
- Risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker
It doesn’t take long for your body to improve once you quit. Don’t let cigarettes continue to ruin your health! And look at other benefits you may reasonably expect from quitting smoking…..
- Decreased insurance costs – both life and health
- Decreased medical bills due to respiratory illness
- Less time off of work due to illness
- Freedom from buying cigarettes
- Freedom from cravings and nicotine fits
Freedom from carrying cigarettes, lighters, cologne/perfume and gumPosted on: October 4, 2010, by : Ellis